- Duration: 8+hours
- Format: individual learning by Skype
- Language (choose one): russian, ukrainian, english
Cost of course: 500 UAH/hour (19 USD)
Cost of tutor's consultation: from 430 UAH/hour (16 USD) | Select a tariff
Finite element analysis for engineers
This course is a unique way to get the necessary start experience and perform some practical case studies in the field of linear static strength calculations. This course has a general orientation and lays the foundation for high-quality specialists in different technical profiles (engineering, construction etc.).
Practical cases course
At the end of this course, you will receive an overview of the basic principles of preparing and idealizing models for strength calculations, building a finite element mesh, selecting the load schemes. You will get to know the concepts of high-cycle fatigue and static strength, properties of materials and how to select the allowable stresses. Finally - the main and unique opportunity for you as part of this course - to see and practice in the analysis and interpretation of the results together with an experienced stress engineer.
Structural strength assessment using FEA
We also recommend courses
The course is aimed at graduate students and engineers who want to learn how perform, analyze and interpret the results of strength calculations of various kinds of structures.
- Model preparation. Import. Idealization
- FE mesh building
- Loads. Load configurations.
- Boundary conditions. Type of constraints
- Fatigue and static strength of structures and connections
- Material properties. Allowable stresses
- Analysis and interpretation of results
- Safety factors
- Final class
Ph.D. Tutor Dystlab. Research Engineer. Ex-associated professor in Dnipropetrovsk National University of Railway Transport.
He has an expertise in the following areas: structural strength and durability assessment, structural optimization, foundation loads, kinematics and dynamics of mechanisms.
Industrial specialization scope: heavy machinery, metallurgy, railway transport.
He has published more than twenty theses, scientific articles and materials on the theoretical and technical mechanics.
2. Engineering Mechanics and Design (course series) | russian version
- Applied Statics | russian version
- Basics of Dynamics | russian version | ukrainian version
- Basics of Vibration and Oscillation Theory | russian version | ukrainian version
3. Engineering Analysis using Finite Element Method (course series) | russian version | ukrainian version
- Basics of Finite Element Analysis | russian version | ukrainian version
- Structural strength assessment using FEA | russian version | ukrainian version
- Structural strength assessment of weldings using FEA | russian version | ukrainian version
- Strength assessment of bolt connections | russian version | ukrainian version
Join to Dystlab Community
How to become a student of the course?
- Make sure that you have Skype, audio headset and webcam that work well
- See detailed learning scheme and Learning Terms (russian)
- Contact coordinator on chat or leave a request for a free demo session
- Agree with tutor of the course your course program and class schedule
- Get start and become a professional
- Leave a feedback about a training and receive a certificate