- Duration: 6+hours
- Format: individual learning by Skype
- Language (choose one): russian, ukrainian, english
Cost of course: 500 UAH/hour (19 USD)
Cost of tutor's consultation: from 430 UAH/hour (16 USD) | Select a tariff
Finite element method for engineers
The course is introduction to Finite Element Analysis (FEA). FEA has become widely used and universally accepted in many industries. FEA is a powerful technique, able to produce solutions to challenging structural analysis problems. This course is guidance for the practical assessment of the method to use in the real world. The course offers excellent guidance on how to assess and plan the task of carrying out a structural analysis using Finite Element Analysis. A clear understanding of the objectives of each analysis is vital and a road map for achieving is presented. A review of the trade-off between available resource and analysis methodology is given.
The current course gives a general understanding of FEA, practical cases will be considered in courses:
The course is for all people who wants to gain or familiarize own skills in FEA.
- Background to FEA
- Overview of Element Types
- "Good" FE models
- Loading Types
- Understanding the objective of the analysis
- Engineering Assessment
Ph.D. Tutor Dystlab. Research Engineer. Ex-associated professor in Dnipropetrovsk National University of Railway Transport.
He has an expertise in the following areas: structural strength and durability assessment, structural optimization, foundation loads, kinematics and dynamics of mechanisms.
Industrial specialization scope: heavy machinery, metallurgy, railway transport.
He has published more than twenty theses, scientific articles and materials on the theoretical and technical mechanics.
2. Engineering Mechanics and Design (course series) | russian version
- Applied Statics | russian version
- Basics of Dynamics | russian version | ukrainian version
- Basics of Vibration and Oscillation Theory | russian version | ukrainian version
3. Engineering Analysis using Finite Element Method (course series) | russian version | ukrainian version
- Basics of Finite Element Analysis | russian version | ukrainian version
- Structural strength assessment using FEA | russian version | ukrainian version
- Structural strength assessment of weldings using FEA | russian version | ukrainian version
- Strength assessment of bolt connections | russian version | ukrainian version
Join to Dystlab Community
How to become a student of the course?
- Make sure that you have Skype, audio headset and webcam that work well
- See detailed learning scheme and Learning Terms (russian)
- Contact coordinator on chat or leave a request for a free demo session
- Agree with tutor of the course your course program and class schedule
- Get start and become a professional
- Leave a feedback about a training and receive a certificate